Wednesday 27 June 2007

The Best Prank Call Ever

UGRadio - Rainy Jr. - The Best Prank Call Ever

During 2002 and 2003 UGRadio broadcast live prank calls via shoutcast servers. There was also a chatroom and people submitted the ideas for most of the pranks, usually on someone they knew. They'd give the phone number and some details and the prankers would choose one and make the call... while we'd get to listen to it live.

In January 2003 was possibly the best series of prank calls ever: Rene (pronounced Rainy) Jr. The basic premise is that there's this old guy who hasn't seen his son for years, he was fostered out or something, and the caller (Darkzeus) pretends to be the guys son. It's sick, and in really poor taste, but it's hilarious.

The prank consisted of 6 calls made January 20th-24th & 28th 2003. Sadly nobody seemed to record the 3rd call (lasting around 18 minutes) so that's missing although someone in the chatroom called |JZ| said he was recording it so if anyone has the missing call get in touch! Looking at the chatroom logs some of the stuff in the 3rd call were as follows - some talk about Nintendo GameCube, with Rainy calling it Game Lube, Rainy saying stupid-stupid-stupid a few times, more talk about GameCube games, Rainy mentioned his drug habit, he communicated with his mother twice, more talk about games in which Rainy Sr. said "I'm not too crazy about Excite Bike."

Before the last 2 calls someone who'd been in the chatroom and saw the guys phone number must have tipped him off the calls were a prank, so it takes Darkzeus a lot of talking to explain his way out of it. The guys a genius, such a shame UGRadio isn't pranking any more.

New link 31 March 2014
DOWNLOAD (61mb)

13 comments:

Joe said...

Do you have any other ugradio pranks?

Dan said...

Yeah, I'll upload some more.

kalifire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
b3ck said...

@Tonk: Hey it's b3ck, I use to run all the stuff in the background for those shows.

I have all of the recordings but number 2, so if you have number 2 in your download, (still downloading now) then I'll have the complete series on www.prank-radio.com look for it.

Although I can't remember if my 3 is your 2 so I'll have to double check.

I have been in touch with the old crew, tical, darkzeus, danny`ya and others there might be a reunion soon, so keep your eyes peeled =)


-b3ck

b3ck said...

yea it looks like your part 2 is my part 3, so we are still missing one.

Anyways, ugradio might reunite on www.prank-radio.com so keep your eyes peeled.

-b3ck

Dan said...

Hi b3ck.
Sorry for the delayed reply, I don't often look here.

Yeah I remember your name, it might have been you that gave me a login to your ftp so i could upload some of the calls I'd recorded with streamripper.

Right from the start there was some disagreement about the number of the missing call. When the files were uploaded and numbered they didn't take into account the missing call, or maybe they were numbered wrongly, I forget which.
I was in the chatroom at the time and heard the call but afterwards I couldn't convince anyone that the files were numbered wrongly!

It was me who made the 'Gangsters Paradise' Rainy Jr tribute song.

Unknown said...

i was idle on many of these calls. if u were too msg me psycon at outlook dot com

Anonymous said...

Yo, this is active -- I was on the Hollywood Gym, Fast-food mixup, Walgreens, PacBell, pranks with Danny, BuSta, the whole gang, and guest appearances with phewl and warbux from time to time.

I want to get ahold of these, i can upload them to my server too. get @ me on efnet in #ambient.

Anonymous said...

Wish I still had all of the recordings, I had every single one of them until the HDD went toast!!! Was actually thinking of all of the calls we used to make so long ago and came across this site and saw a few recognizable names!!

Hit me up coimirage1004@gmail

-Dat crazy ass Nig Tyrone (Danny)

DarkZeus said...

Holy Shit! Came across this again. Yeah it was a fun run. ---"My favorite game is Secret of Meanna"

-DarkZeus

banchy said...

DARKZEUS! its banchy bruh get a hold of me somehow

banchy said...

yall shoot me an email at travispapp@gmail . com

BECK!! DANNY! TICAL LOLOL

Anonymous said...

-w0rd